• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why don't people like the 40 cal?

The reason the FBI likes the 9mm over the 40 is because it has less recoil. A lot of their people shoot a 40 worse than they shoot a 9. They figure a hit is better than a miss. But doesn't that same logic apply to a 380? I bet you could really improve their shooting scores if they dropped down to a 22lr. I mean, after all, a hit is better than a miss!! and just think about the number of rounds you could squeeze into a 22lr pistol.

I have ONE .40, a G24, but I shoot .357 through it. Great home defense gun with the 6 inch Lone Wolf barrel and the 22 rd .40 magazine.

When I purchased my first gun the sales rep told me to pass on the G19 and go with the G23. I was dead set on a G19 but then he told me...

True story, He said he dumped 16 rounds of 9mm using duty rounds on a perp in his home and watched him bleed out waiting on the ambulance. He told me had it been .40 cal, the perp would have ended a lot sooner... :lalala:

He was a retired LEO and didn't mind talking about the incident that apparently happened just a few years before he started working at the gun store.

So me being a newb, I purchased the G23 for $680 w/o NS and 2 mags. The more I think about it, he should have told me to get a Remy 870 in 20 gauge for home defense as I didn't even have a carry permit at the time of purchase and save a couple hundo's!

I still shoot .40 and don't mind carrying 14 rounds of 180gr HST's at the ready with a 13 round backup, they are pretty nasty little rounds if you ask me!

When I purchased my first gun the sales rep told me to pass on the G19 and go with the G23. I was dead set on a G19 but then he told me...

True story, He said he dumped 16 rounds of 9mm using duty rounds on a perp in his home and watched him bleed out waiting on the ambulance. He told me had it been .40 cal, the perp would have ended a lot sooner... :lalala:

He was a retired LEO and didn't mind talking about the incident that apparently happened just a few years before he started working at the gun store.

So me being a newb, I purchased the G23 for $680 w/o NS and 2 mags. The more I think about it, he should have told me to get a Remy 870 in 20 gauge for home defense as I didn't even have a carry permit at the time of purchase and save a couple hundo's!

I still shoot .40 and don't mind carrying 14 rounds of 180gr HST's at the ready with a 13 round backup, they are pretty nasty little rounds if you ask me!
Sounds like an experience I had about 15 years ago at AO. Salesman told a story about a cop emptying his 9mm into a bad guy - when his superiors asked why he shot the guy so many times the cop said because the guy kept coming at him and didnt stop until the last shot...and then the salesman's obligatory "1 round of .45 would have stopped the guy".

Back
Top Bottom