• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I don't buy knives on the ODT

I've got no problem buying knives on here. There's a pretty large circle of buyers/sellers on here, we all deal with one another, and we trust one another. When buying new, DEVEST8R DEVEST8R is about as good as it gets.

Now some John Doe that has a Spyderco that he's Bubba'd the crap out of with sketchy feedback, now that's a different story.

I stake my reputation on every knife sell. Obviously there is a huge difference in knife quality from brand to brand. I've sold knives from Case($10) to Kershaw ($35-$100) to "High End" Marfione Customs. And I sleep great at night knowing that I've given someone exactly what they wanted and probably made them one of the best deals out there on that particular knife. It doesn't hurt to do a little fact checking on a "high end" knife or the person selling it.
I hate seeing people getting taken advantage of specially when it's so easy to just do the right thing.
I defend my "Authorized Dealer" status tooth and nail and I wear it like a battle scar. Not saying there is a ton of non legitimate people on here looking to take advantage of you, but sometimes it pays to buy from a dealer.. Specially one that works his ass off to bring in the baddest blades on earth straight to the ODT..
IMG_4171.JPG

There are some very sharp accusations being thrown around in this thread. I wish y'all would clean the edges a bit and sharpen the tone so we can fully understand the penitratration of what has transpired when being stuck with a counterfeit blade.

Are esee or mora blades some to look out for?

Ordered two off Amazon, both fakes! I am very, very careful now about buying knifes online.

I talked to a guy that has a bunch of knives and I asked him where he gets them from and he said Amazon since he has Prime, didn't mention a specific seller. That said I've heard a lot of stories about counterfeit knives so now I only buy from a few online retailers. If they dont have it I probably dont need it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom