• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I don't buy knives on the ODT

Dang. I was going to pare down my collection and list some ESEE knives in the next week. Guess now's not a good time.

Same for the Sig 226 Tacops, .22 conversion slide/mags for the 226, stainless Interarms Rossi 971, Radical Firearms/PSA AR-47, PSA CHF premium mid-length M4, and butt-load of Magpul furniture.

Everyone is so trade adverse these days. Guess we can thank Trump for that.

I have never bought a used knife, and basically since I have gotten deeper into knife collecting I pretty much only buy at Martin's. I avoid buying online also unless it's a cheap $25 slickdeals Kershaw sale.

Dang. I was going to pare down my collection and list some ESEE knives in the next week. Guess now's not a good time.

Same for the Sig 226 Tacops, .22 conversion slide/mags for the 226, stainless Interarms Rossi 971, Radical Firearms/PSA AR-47, PSA CHF premium mid-length M4, and butt-load of Magpul furniture.

Being a well established member you should be fine. Just list where you purchased the knives from. If it is a reputable dealer and you being a reputable trader then I wouldn't worry.

Same here.. If I ever get around to my safe cleaning, guess this won't be the venue for my '70s Puma, Gerber, and Case.

Buying from Amazon is probably your highest risk of getting a counterfeit, other than Ebay. Buy from a reputable dealer like Knives Ship Free, Blade HQ, or Knife Center.

Easy fix: Only buy knives that are too cheap to knock off. Who would bother to counterfeit an MTech?

Why I like to buy used Case pocketknives. A little honest wear is no big deal to me. Sodbuster Jr. is the bomb, although there are knock offs of it. I guess times are hard when a "name" knife maker has to knock off a $20 knife.

Back
Top Bottom