• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why I Joined The Air Force

You did good...
Was Base Operations / Flight Planning at Vance in Enid, OK... Training base T-37's and T-38's.... My entire USAF career was right there.
3 Half days on... 3 Half days off....

Again, long view. Those young stick-actuators may have provided critical close air support or airlifted a critically wounded troop. You never know.

Well, as long as some are pocking fun at the grunts.....I'll poke back a little:

Airforce.jpg

And of course there is this:

60630.jpg

Finally......A big thanks to all branches of the Military (Don't Forget The Coast Guard!) every one has it's part in the defense of the nation. Some get ice cream some don't, lol.

Here is my funny Air Force story. Went TDY to Alaska for Brim Frost exercise. I was at the Elmendorf AFB chow hall, or what ever the AF equivalent is called for breakfast. I was standing in line and as I get to the first man behind the counter he says "How do you want your eggs?" I was dumbfounded, so I said "On the ****ing plate would be good." He said "No sir, I mean how do you want them cooked?" WHAT????? These AF dudes get to choose how their food is cooked????? FML!!!! I said I wanted a omelet....got it.....and giggled all the way to the table! When I sat down I saw a 5x7 card in a holder in the center of the table. It read "Please do not bus your own table"........I laughed out loud! Then I thought again FML! The AF, they may not be the greenest.....but they sure know how to live!

Here is my funny Air Force story. Went TDY to Alaska for Brim Frost exercise. I was at the Elmendorf AFB chow hall, or what ever the AF equivalent is called for breakfast. I was standing in line and as I get to the first man behind the counter he says "How do you want your eggs?" I was dumbfounded, so I said "On the ****ing plate would be good." He said "No sir, I mean how do you want them cooked?" WHAT????? These AF dudes get to choose how their food is cooked????? FML!!!! I said I wanted a omelet....got it.....and giggled all the way to the table! When I sat down I saw a 5x7 card in a holder in the center of the table. It read "Please do not bus your own table"........I laughed out loud! Then I thought again FML! The AF, they may not be the greenest.....but they sure know how to live!

That's great, I remember sitting at a table in the mess hall in Dam Neck, VA. We were up there for amphibious training...
I'd guess it was a Navy mess hall.
They had little old ladies running around getting you 2nd and 3rds.
They were a bunch of granny's taking care of their kids, I loved it!

Same deal, the fella asked what I wanted, I quickly answered a half dozen eggs over light.
That's exactly what I got, I felt like I stole it. :becky:

..... I still miss the chow hall.

My Dad was a sailor and he told me to always eat on base on payday, so I asked him why.
See they get X amount of dollars to feed X amount of Marines for each meal.
On payday no one went to the chowhall, so instead of mac & beef or something cheap it was steak and lobster!
(Still the same amount of money, but a lot less guys to feed.)
He was right, I was a regular especially on payday's.

Back
Top Bottom