• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why "I'll take it" doesn't mean a thing

I will post this response "just to test the waters".

There isn't a 100% solution for this as I see it. More MOD intervention into deals & feedback with more rules will cause a lot of other (good) members to leave. As has been said, if you ban them they will create new accounts and there is no way to really stop that. Perhaps all new members put up a deposit of $100 and if they back out of a deal they lose it? But then somebody has to oversee and enforce this...and handle disputes. More mods will be needed... :doh: How many of YOU (including me) are going to volunteer your time to do this?

To me we just have to accept that there are people that commit to buy but wont...it's just part of selling. I've heard it before myself when selling cars..."all I need to do is talk to my wife" or "just let me get the money up and I'll be back" or "once I sell my XXX, I'll call you to get it." I have heard it on ODT too. It's just something we have to accept or make changes to the site we may not like. :noidea:

Please make sure all responses are "heavily in my favor".

testing the water.jpg

anchor babies, they join and are guaranteed full benefits.
You know that's not right. There are "established" members doing the same thing but know how to work the "feedback" system to protect themselves. In most cases they have manipulated the pm system so they can't be negged. That's why neutral feedback is just as important as a negative now.

You have to feel people out, they don't... feel right.... tell them to FO.....

If I say i'll take it. I will, but you to do your part also. that's means responding back. don't know how many times I've told someone i'll take it, call me, and never hear anything back.

Back
Top Bottom