• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why "I'll take it" doesn't mean a thing

Millennials often say...w/zero feedback.

giphy.gif

Millennials often say...w/zero feedback.

giphy.gif

There is a boy at work, millennial of course, that is constantly offering to buy something (that isn't for sale to begin with). Offers X amount of $, then starts negotiating payment terms. I do not even entertain him anymore. As a matter of fact, he was cussed out and his manhood questioned the last time!!! :)

Reactions: STI
I've always said that. I've always meant it...but trying to sell this shotgun, I now have experienced it in spades. I've had three different "I'll take it" comments either in the thread or via PM. My response to an "I'll take it" is always "Let me know how you want to proceed." One of them never responded. The second wanted me to come to him over an hour away, and the third one, when he gave me his cell number and told me to text him and I told him that all comms went through PM, said "I cant be signing in and out of the site,I don't want to waste any time. Thanks anyhow."

"I'll take it" doesn't mean a thing.

Let the chest thumping begin...:ranger:

In all seriousness, it makes me wonder if "The potential buyer " wants nothing more than to lead the "seller" on without recourse back to him. Some people's kids.

The next 'I'll take it' from a zero feedback member by pm, I will include, ...quickly send me a picture of your CC permit if your serious. Hopefully another + feedback member will pm me.

I've always said that. I've always meant it...but trying to sell this shotgun, I now have experienced it in spades. I've had three different "I'll take it" comments either in the thread or via PM. My response to an "I'll take it" is always "Let me know how you want to proceed." One of them never responded. The second wanted me to come to him over an hour away, and the third one, when he gave me his cell number and told me to text him and I told him that all comms went through PM, said "I cant be signing in and out of the site,I don't want to waste any time. Thanks anyhow."

"I'll take it" doesn't mean a thing.

Let the chest thumping begin...:ranger:

Its not the times, its not a generational thing. Its this forum in particular. I say that because it has been allowed by management since day 1 to be that way. I frequent more than a few gun forums where the BS that goes on here with saying "I'll take it" and ghosting, or dumping in a mans ad, or promising payment and never sending it....will get you banned in a heartbeat. This place has let the jackwagons be jackwagons since day one and done zero about it.

Remember how ODT came to be?? I do, I was on the other forum raising cain about the BS there. They stopped classifieds altogether because of the jackwagons. OS started this as a classifieds only, and made the mistake of adding discussion forums and the downhill slide began. And there aint no going back now.

I hate to say this, but I have finally started using the ignore feature. And I have to sit down and type out my latest experience when trying to sell a dead friends guns to help his wife. I almost said to heck with ODT over this one, but 5 other fine members showed me he was the exception. This place is good, but it can be frustrating dealing with some idjits on here at times.

Back
Top Bottom