• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why "I'll take it" doesn't mean a thing

In all seriousness, it makes me wonder if "The potential buyer " wants nothing more than to lead the "seller" on without recourse back to him. Some people's kids.

And that dear moderator is the problem. Go to the blue Smith forum, or go to Para's SIG forum and pull that BS and see what happens next time you try to log in!! Consequently, you dont have many jackwagons on those forums. They dont tolerate it.

Hell, this place seems to encourage it by doing zilch about it.

Its not the times, its not a generational thing. Its this forum in particular. I say that because it has been allowed by management since day 1 to be that way. I frequent more than a few gun forums where the BS that goes on here with saying "I'll take it" and ghosting, or dumping in a mans ad, or promising payment and never sending it....will get you banned in a heartbeat. This place has let the jackwagons be jackwagons since day one and done zero about it.

Remember how ODT came to be?? I do, I was on the other forum raising cain about the BS there. They stopped classifieds altogether because of the jackwagons. OS started this as a classifieds only, and made the mistake of adding discussion forums and the downhill slide began. And there aint no going back now.

I hate to say this, but I have finally started using the ignore feature. And I have to sit down and type out my latest experience when trying to sell a dead friends guns to help his wife. I almost said to heck with ODT over this one, but 5 other fine members showed me he was the exception. This place is good, but it can be frustrating dealing with some idjits on here at times.

For what it's worth, I will agree to the extent that there is nothing done about it. BUT, if men were still men and their word was gold, it wouldn't be an issue. ODT can't police morality. And, yes, to me; it is a moral issue.

In all seriousness, it makes me wonder if "The potential buyer " wants nothing more than to lead the "seller" on without recourse back to him. Some people's kids.
like clowns opening an account so they can stir **** up? Then run back and tell their spirit animal

Personally,

Here is a solution that needs to be implemented. Use the AR15.com solution.

When you say I'll take it in a public ad, and OP agrees to your offer, you are bound by that rule. You welch, and not follow through and bail? You get locked out from classifieds.

Or, you eat the negative feedback. All this "you gotta have a specific time, date" for negative to stick nonsense should go away.

For what it's worth, I will agree to the extent that there is nothing done about it. BUT, if men were still men and their word was gold, it wouldn't be an issue. ODT can't police morality. And, yes, to me; it is a moral issue.

And like I said in another post, try that crap on some other forums and see what happens. They police it, why shouldnt ODT??

SIG forum tracked down a guy "selling" those high $$ batteries for weapons lights many years ago. He delivered a few but sold hundreds. Turned out to be a punk kid that ended up answering to the law and got a little jail time. So I'll ask again....Why arent we policing our own?? Are we just lazy or have we gotten so cynical we have accepted crappy morals as the norm?? This question is more to management, because "WE" as individuals arent allowed to even call out these people. Is it clicks =$$ ?? Is that the issue?? Its about a $?? Hmmmm, I bet I dont get an answer but I bet I get a PM shortly......

Personally,

Here is a solution that needs to be implemented. Use the AR15.com solution.

When you say I'll take it in a public ad, and OP agrees to your offer, you are bound by that rule. You welch, and not follow through and bail? You get locked out from classifieds.

Or, you eat the negative feedback. All this "you gotta have a specific time, date" for negative to stick nonsense should go away.
That's going to make it impossible to run auctions.

The FALFILES has the same type rule. "I'll take it" means something. Here? Not a thing. If a higher bid comes in the sailor is free to renig on the deal up to the time and date for the meet previously agreed to.

Would implementing a rule that new members have to be on here for a certain period of time, with a minimum of posts and likes, help weed out the ones that aren't serious? I know that there aren't any guarantees with this, but it might help limit things to those who are truly serious buyers and/or sellers.

Just asking for a friend.......... :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom