• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is black powder darn near dead?

There's something about "...primitive Skills forum, based on Tapatalk" that just doesn't seem right.

Guess the guy rides a horse instead of driving a modern air conditioned automobile ??

Lives in a cave ?

I’m a little old fashioned , I love my wood heater and vintage automobiles

It’s quite nice to take a drive in a pre war automobile on a backroad

But I ain’t complaining about air conditioning and modern medicine and internet

PaleoPlanet is a primitive Skills forum, based on Tapatalk. I think I subscribed to this one because of its name and what it is about. Anyway, I think all tactical gear looks like and feels like ****and has no soul, those who waste (yes, waste) their hard earned currency on stocked removed knives, instead of hand forged ones, are crazy, in addition to having no blood, sweat, tears, soul, or character put in to the making of stock removed knives. If you really want to be a real woodsman, quit being lazy and ignorant and conplaining about weak **** such as "it's too long to reload" or "it's outdated" (a most repulsive remark), and get with the game. I am disappointed with a lot of hunters and outdoorsman today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So anyone that does "outdoorsman" different than you is repulsive and disappointing? I think anyone that tries to hold other outdoorsmen that are hunting legally and ethically to some primative made up in your head standard is repulsive and disappointing. A real hunter will hunt legally and ethically and will use weapons that are within his ability to make humane kills. No outdoorsmen will knock you for the way you hunt and live even though many will see it as repulsive or disappointing. Maybe you should take their example.

This here feller taught me all's I need to know 'bout primitivin' skills.....
images(7).jpg

No, I am fine with most hunters, I just have different tastes, and someone made a comment that sounded smart, so I went on the offense. I mean those who don't deal with black powder because they think it is "crude" rather than because it is a longer process, and I will admit that it takes time for it to become a science. I respect other hunters and throw a heck of a lot of respect towards those that do it ethically and use all of the animal that they can. You do not have to go traditional, just don't diss it as crappy and crude. I am sorry and I apologize for getting fired up.

No, I am fine with most hunters, I just have different tastes, and someone made a comment that sounded smart, so I went on the offense. I mean those who don't deal with black powder because they think it is "crude" rather than because it is a longer process, and I will admit that it takes time for it to become a science. I respect other hunters and throw a heck of a lot of respect towards those that do it ethically and use all of the animal that they can. You do not have to go traditional, just don't diss it as crappy and crude. I am sorry and I apologize for getting fired up.

It's all good. I hate seeing the hunting tradition going away and us as a group eating our own. I personally believe that anything that gets more people in the outdoors taking part in hunting is a good thing. I use a crossbow during archery season because I'm not great with a bow and I really want to be ethical when I shoot a deer. People poo pooed crossbows for the longest time. We are getting better though.

I know a guy that makes his own bows
And string and arrows
He’s a Native American and is practicing the skills they used in the past to preserve them and pass them down to younger generations

And usually gets a deer with it

Not too bad for my first outing with a BP pistol at 10 yards! My father and I had a really great time that is until I forgot to put the powder in before the ball lol we stopped at cabelas on the way home to get a ball pulled lol

Attachments

• D465C63B-9FF2-4ADB-8C0C-83B2A48BFBA3.jpeg
    D465C63B-9FF2-4ADB-8C0C-83B2A48BFBA3.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
Not too bad for my first outing with a BP pistol at 10 yards! My father and I had a really great time that is until I forgot to put the powder in before the ball lol we stopped at cabelas on the way home to get a ball pulled lol

So you're saying I can tighten my groups by shooting BP...hmm, couldn't hurt!

Nice shootin'!

So you're saying I can tighten my groups by shooting BP...hmm, couldn't hurt!

Nice shootin'!
When you have to work so hard to load it you make sure tat every shot counts lol I was pretty impressed with how accurate it was even though it has about a 12 pound trigger lol

Back
Top Bottom