• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is everyone ditching the .40 cal

I don't know...I reload so ammo cost is of no concern to me...And through my own "very simplistic" testing, the .40S&W outperforms the 9mm by a LARGE Margin....that being said the .40 was coming out of a G23 and the 9mm was coming out of a PF9, so you have a shorter barrel, but still...

I will also add my G23 was my first "real ie. not .22" automatic pistol and to date I have now put somewhere around 4,850 rounds through it, mostly my reloads, so consequently I am very familiar with it. Since I didn't start out with a 9mm, I have never noticed the perceived snappiness many claim it has. To me "snappy" would mean every shot it pops the gun in a direction that doesn't find itself back on target after the shot....Every time I pull the trigger the sights seemingly automatically re-align on target almost instantaneously, so no I don't feel its snappy.

I agree with someone else that mentioned about the large quantity of police trade-ins people are buying....More in the private sector=more people who put them up for sell....Its all a numbers game.

I have had 2 .40s both glocks,to me there is alot of muzzle rise
I stick to 9mm and .45acp

I know my old dept changed from .40s because it was "snappy" and people could not shoot it (Sig229) very accuratly and the ballistics were not worth the extra cost. I did not like it, but I carry a Glock 27 (.40) daily as my CC weapon, I dont mind because I know how to shoot it

Even tho its a very good round and still relatively cheap, in the civilian market, its not as popular because, its just plain not as fun to shoot as 9mm and 45acp...nothing is...except maybe 22lr.

Love my .40's.

I have tried multiple calibers for HD pistols and found my 229 Dark Elite in .40 to be the best and most accurate for me. Yes some people will make the 45, 357 there's a better round debate...either way I know I don't want to be on the receiving end of any of my 40's.

Back
Top Bottom