• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is everyone ditching the .40 cal

i mainly got out to consolidate calibers

and they can be a lot harder to trade because a lot of people don't want them or don't want to change caliber

2 of my favorites are my M&P40c and my 3rd gen Smith 4013 TSW

I probably shoot my 9's more often but I do enjoy these two when I get the opportunity.

Man its the exact oppisite down here in McDonough. I couldn't get a hold of 45 if I offered to pay double the price but 40 is everywhere. That's part of the reason I ditched my 1911 for a G27

yep it all depends on where you are at, around me the only place to get ammo is wal mart, unless I drive 22 miles to athens.

yep it all depends on where you are at, around me the only place to get ammo is wal mart, unless I drive 22 miles to athens.

That's pretty much where all my ammo comes from because everyone else wants so much more for the same box of ammo. The only other place I buy ammo is at Ed's in stockbridge but that's when I'm buying 500 rnds at a time. They got 9mm 500/$100 and 40 500/$140. There's also a gun shop in Winder called The Gun Room that you might want to check out. I don't know how good their ammo prices are tho all I got from them was a G27

carried 40 a few years ago. liked the 45 better. hit harder/less recoil. now i'm into 9mm due to ammo cost etc. certainly nothing wrong with 40 if you like it.

Back
Top Bottom