• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is everyone screaming to reopen everything? a little bit of a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The virus killed a good man and Vietnam veteran friend of mine in Ohio, and a cousin has it as well. In my mind it's not an overreaction - it's serious s@%$. Yes the economy is in the crapper and it's only been 3 to 4 weeks. But I don't want to open yet. Maybe your minds will change after it kills someone you love.

Really, having fun being furloughed. Sure the extended vacation seems nice while our entire economy crashes to the ground. That is almost as jacked up as you bickering with those ready to get back to work or some sense of normal. We have an unprecedented 15% of US citizens on unemployment now and there are so many small business owners looking at losing their business. I agree China should have some skin in what their virus has done to our citizens, economy, and the world. It is a #%&* shame we are dealing with this virus in the first place. Individually, financially sound or not, we need to find the "New Normal" fast and I know it is NOT a Stay in Shelter. MHO of course.

I am enjoying the hell out of being furloughed from my job:
~ If anyone gives me or my family the virus I have a leather boot for you!
~ Killed my 1st Georgia turkey
~ having a blast fishing
~ my financial house is built on freaking bedrock
~ don't want or need to Govs money
~ built several ARs
~ Having a bunch of laughs at idiots
~ OMG the beer and whiskey I have tried, my taste buds are screaming.
~ Other stuff that I'll not share

So why are you pissed off?

~ Feel your rights are being taken away? I kinda of get that one
~ you are broke and need to get back to work? you are a freaking idiot if you had good income, 3 to 6 months of living experiences should be on hand at all times!
~ your bored! Cry me a friggin river
~ WHAT?
It's good you've enjoyed your vacation and all, but we really need small businesses to reopen and for the economic engine to start turning again. Small businesses are the lifeblood of this country. I think it's utterly stupid to classify most of them as "non-essential". They are both essential and integral.

I agree we should not rush to open things up until we have mass testing in place. That's the only way to know who had it/has it/hasn't got it yet.

Wife's business went from 80k/year to zero in a week, so we need her to go back to work, but I am willing to wait.

- I like being at home.
- I like not travelling.
- I like having her home.

- I don't like being told I cant go to see friends/family in other states.
- I don't like having to worry about wearing a mask, or stand 6 feet apart.
- I don't like planning deliveries (and paying delivery fees) instead of just running out to the store.

I think we all need to be a little patient.

The virus killed a good man and Vietnam veteran friend of mine in Ohio, and a cousin has it as well. In my mind it's not an overreaction - it's serious s@%$. Yes the economy is in the crapper and it's only been 3 to 4 weeks. But I don't want to open yet. Maybe your minds will change after it kills someone you love.
Spare me the emotional breakdown. I have 1 relative and 2 friends that had it and recovered. I have lost a few friends lately as well....1 to alcoholism, and 1 to cancer...both are deadly #%$^!!
Grinding the country and economy to a halt is doing far worse damage to far more people. Time to get off our collective azzes and get back to work using common sense to help not spread this or any other deadly sickness.....say the flu for example. Its past time to turn the media off and get back to real life, stop cowering in your home thinking your safe and "feeling" so vulnerable.....

This whole "shutdown" is the single most stupid ****ing *******ed thing I've ever seen in my entire life, including the elections of both Jimmy Carter and Barack Hussein Obama. And the Spice Girls.

Pump the brakes, kid. Spice Girls are a national treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom