• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is everyone screaming to reopen everything? a little bit of a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 50% of Americans couldn't come up with $2000.00 dollars let alone 3/6 months of income. That might be different if our a**holes weren't the size of coke cans from overpayment of taxes for the last 75 years. Cheers
Stop paying then, it's what I did

this shutdown has forced me to lay off half of my employees. the ones that remain are on 32 hour work weeks. I hope you never have to watch quality people that you care about go through rough financial times. Before you get into the "they can draw unemployment and make more" argument - these people WANT to work. They don't want anything given to them.
AMEN!! As a business owner, I worry about my employees. It aint all about me. I'm single, my mechanic has a wife and 2 kids that call me uncle. If I go down, so do they....I will fight like hell to keep that from happening. And he makes too much to get all the extras and big stimulus check, and he wants to work like i do, neither of us wants to suck the hind tit of the govt

The virus killed a good man and Vietnam veteran friend of mine in Ohio, and a cousin has it as well. In my mind it's not an overreaction - it's serious s@%$. Yes the economy is in the crapper and it's only been 3 to 4 weeks. But I don't want to open yet. Maybe your minds will change after it kills someone you love.
Sorry about your friends but that is not justification for destroying our economy and country along with it.

AMEN!! As a business owner, I worry about my employees. It aint all about me. I'm single, my mechanic has a wife and 2 kids that call me uncle. If I go down, so do they....I will fight like hell to keep that from happening. And he makes too much to get all the extras and big stimulus check, and he wants to work like i do, neither of us wants to suck the hind tit of the govt
That's what the swamp creatures (and their sycophants) can't believe. You'd rather toil at labor rather than live effort free like them.

That's what the swamp creatures (and their sycophants) can't believe. You'd rather toil at labor rather than live effort free like them.
There is the catch...while I dont live effort free, I am not dependant on some corrupt entity to take care of me or let me die..depending on that entities mood. I will live or die by the choices I make and the people I do work for. Win, lose, or draw I wouldnt live any other way....and neither would the majority in this thread

Start cranking the economy back up. Those that need or want to work should be allowed to do so. Business operations are going to have to adjust to the reality of Covid-19. Those that feel they need to exercise caution should do so, without anyone making them feel like %$#@. I'm over 60, obese, have high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes.

My wife and I'll take our time getting back to normal. She can work from home we're good to go.

Stop making people feel like crap for the decision they make for their family and well being. Whether it's shelter or go out, just do it and shut up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom