• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is everyone screaming to reopen everything? a little bit of a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing that folks will not forget this and next time they will have some sense of self preparation financially, physically, foodwise, supplies......etc. Dave Ramsey and the like can lead you out of the wilderness on the financial end. Also an evaluation of need vs want should be crystal clear by now for most individuals and hopefully this dictates choices in the future. I didn't write this but have heard it all my life, " failure to prepare is to prepare for failure". Be ready when government tries this junk next time.

I am guessing that folks will not forget this and next time they will have some sense of self preparation financially, physically, foodwise, supplies......etc. Dave Ramsey and the like can lead you out of the wilderness on the financial end. Also an evaluation of need vs want should be crystal clear by now for most individuals and hopefully this dictates choices in the future. I didn't write this but have heard it all my life, " failure to prepare is to prepare for failure". Be ready when government tries this junk next time.

Exactly what I've preached for 15 years, I was the broken man living pay check to pay check with 250k in debt.

And this is why I say China should pay reparations. 2\ trill should help.

They need to come off with a hella lot more. 2 trillion is just the last stimulus pkg. and that stuff is spent already. There was 85 billion before that and they are talking another 6-10 T for the next one.
Need to think $20T i would estimate. That might put us even.

Start cranking the economy back up. Those that need or want to work should be allowed to do so. Business operations are going to have to adjust to the reality of Covid-19. Those that feel they need to exercise caution should do so, without anyone making them feel like %$#@. I'm over 60, obese, have high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes.

My wife and I'll take our time getting back to normal. She can work from home we're good to go.

Stop making people feel like crap for the decision they make for their family and well being. Whether it's shelter or go out, just do it and shut up about it.
That's exactly how I think it should be. My gripe is that this shutdown is government mandated. If you or your loved ones feel the need to stay home, then it is your right to do so. It should also be the right of non essential businesses to reopen so they can feed their families and pay their employees to feed theirs. Telling businesses they can't be open, or what they can or can't sell like we've seen in states like Michigan, is unconstitutional.

Excellent point, but that is more geared towards individuals personal finances. This shutdown is causing successful businesses who can't function or that aren't allowed to be open to lose it all. You can be debt free and dump you life savings in to a business that your employees depend on, and then the government takes it all away. Those business bills keep adding up if you're trying to keep your employees afloat, pay the building lease, equipment, insurance, etc. Neither responsible nor irresponsible Americans should have to suffer because of a government forced lockdown.

~ you are broke and need to get back to work? you are a freaking idiot if you had good income, 3 to 6 months of living experiences should be on hand at all times!
Yeah I'm sure you've always been able to do that. :thumb:

NVM just saw where he literally said he was broke living paycheck to paycheck.
My ignore list is definitely growing on here!

even if everyone had 3-6 months of savings stored up, ideally no one would ever have to touch it.
so basically what ive heard is people less fortunate than you can pound sand and the economy should stall because you enjoy day drinking and laziness....

and for the record, people need something called vitamin D and being cooped up too long can affect the psyche.

Yeah I'm sure you've always been able to do that. :thumb:

NVM just saw where he literally said he was broke living paycheck to paycheck.
My ignore list is definitely growing on here!

My kids in their 20's havent managed to pile up that stack of cash just yet - I doubt many 20-24 yr olds have unless living with mom and dad (I know I didn't and I had a house, married and raising 2 or 3 kids then). Damn rabble rousers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom