• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why just why

A NIB gun at Buds Gun Shop is $340,why is a LNIB same gun $425 on ODT? I am just never amazed at the stupidity I see on here at all.
Because they had gas costs, test fire time, transportation costs and cleaning costs. Geez! Why shouldn't they recoup 150% of their original investment? It's only fair... and we all know that life just HAS to be fair! Oh, and "L's" aren't free either!

Could it be they paid more at there LGS, and are trying to get there money back? Probably not, they're wanting to make a buck! My point being, not everyone has overpriced stuff, some paid more.
Yeah, some people don't shop around as much. A Taurus that is $200 at AO may be closer to $300 at a lot of stores (and they sell). I'm sure there are plenty of times where this is not the case too.
Yes they are entertaining but a person can only stand so much fun.

I

In all seriousness, much like the AR market, people have more money in them than they are currently worth. The gun market is very soft right now and few are in a hurry to buy anything that isn't a killer deal.

I know you know that, OP.

In all seriousness, much like the AR market, people have more money in them than they are currently worth. The gun market is very soft right now and few are in a hurry to buy anything that isn't a killer deal.

I know you know that, OP.
We all know that and its been repeated over and over in hundreds of rants.Do people not see the reason their **** aint selling,bite the damn bullet and get rid of it.I looked at an ad that was over 1 year old and the same price is still on the gun.

A NIB gun at Buds Gun Shop is $340,why is a LNIB same gun $425 on ODT? I am just never amazed at the stupidity I see on here at all.

It's called free Enterprise :boink: AND before the mods give me 24 hours off for the "callout" there is nobody on ODT with the screen name "Enterprise"
Don't tell @SafeCracka that this is NOT from Star Wars. :)
free enterprise.jpg

That one is for you @Leatherhead :)

Could it be they paid more at there LGS, and are trying to get there money back? Probably not, they're wanting to make a buck! My point being, not everyone has overpriced stuff, some paid more.

I'll wager most people don't buy guns over the web, they buy from a local source, (otherwise gun shops wouldn't stock any guns).

Notwithstanding, new prices have been trending down with a knock on effect on the used market, some people have a hard time swallowing the fact.

Back
Top Bottom