• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why just why

A NIB gun at Buds Gun Shop is $340,why is a LNIB same gun $425 on ODT? I am just never amazed at the stupidity I see on here at all.

Not my business what someone thinks there gun is worth. Yes, I agree a lot of the guns on here can be purchased new for the same price or less. Personally if I want to buy or sell I'm going to start using different websites. To many tire kickers and time wasters here lately. Again, it's none of my business what someone else thinks their gun is worth.

I am pretty new to this OTD. And I see all the points that have been made. And I can see several perspectives that make sense. However, there is another part of the equation that has not really been mentioned. This would include Bud's Gun Shop examples. That is the way prices are now at times. Sometimes they rise and fall for the same gun or some dealer will have a flash sale. I don't see how you can look at Bud's and get a price and then in turn say Bud's is cheaper. It might be that day. But next week it might actually be $150 more than on here. I'll give an example. Awhile back I purchased a new Windham Weaponry MPC AR-15 for $800+. MSRP on this gun is over $1000. At that time it was like $824 at Bud's. Recently, I listed it on here for $675. A few weeks ago Bud's ran a sale for the same gun at $557. If somebody would have told me hey I can get a new one for approximately $120 less and your too high, what is wrong with you? I'd say nothing. Do the math. I'm already losing. I think a lot of people have that mentality. As of now the price on this gun at Bud's is $657. Last week it was $700 + something. If you watch Bud's they "fluctuate" their prices. Prices are coming down so low though, I think most people are just trying to recoop any $ they can. And I like Bud's. But, there again one could has them the same. Why are they selling an $800+ gun one week for $550 a few weeks later and then back to $800 a few weeks after that.

Why are they selling an $800+ gun one week for $550 a few weeks later and then back to $800 a few weeks after that.

Because that's the way a more or less free market works.

Why am I paying $2.75 a gallon for gas when 3 weeks ago I was paying $2.25 a gallon. And that $2.75 is already on it's way down.

Why do I have stock that the best I can do is sell it for half what I paid for it. I can try to sell it all day at the price I paid, and there are no takers.

Prices fluctuate because of various market forces. Ever notice how groceries stores have the same cut of meat on sale each week. Chicken wings right now are cheaper than they will be the week before the Super Bowl. Turkeys will be really low the week of Thanksgiving then the prices go right back up.

Back
Top Bottom