• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why Most Guys Never Kill A Big One

Here I am with the little deer I took in my back yard.

record-whitetail-deer4.jpg

Hard to find does anymore.Been this way for the past 3 years."Big rack"hunters have shot the does down,for one thing.Overharvest of does on WMAs hasn`t helped.The ten doe tags given by the state have knocked a dent in them.And then there are the coyotes.I hunt 3-4 days a week.I hunt Gordon and Screven counties,plus 6-8 WMAs every year.It`s hard to see a doe on a WMA anymore.I hunted deer at least 50 days this year.I shot an 8pt,6pt.,and two spikes.3 of these were free tags from check-in hunts on WMAs.I would rather have shot two or three does and let the smaller bucks walk.I did not get a shot,AT ALL,at a doe in 50 days of hunting.Quality hunters have helped make a dent in the doe population.If I don`t see does next year,I`ll shoot young bucks.I also let several young bucks walk this past year.My family eats 5 deer a year.I love to hunt.I like to pull the trigger.I like to get a big rack sometimes,but I don`t mount them anymore.Never mounted my best one.Antlers are EGO and you can`t eat`em.

Back
Top Bottom