• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why SBR a 5.56 AR?

People have AR pistols... They're basically a SBR without the stock. If you already have an AR pistol you have the SBR, just no stock. To combat the gas, get an OSS suppressor, or get a suppressed BCG (Lantac E-BCG, Bootleg adjustable BCG, Gemtech suppressed BCG). Also, Gas Buster CH and there are some vented forward assist mechanisms also that can be had.

Hey Folks,

Been kicking around submitting a form 1 on one of my lowers but struggling to come up with reasons why tbh (other than cool factor of course) Most people i have seen that SBR a lower end up slapping a can on it so back to original length if not longer. I have limited experience with SBRd suppressed lowers but found them to be gassy af, still not hearing safe, and all around kinda unpleasant to shoot. SBRs w/o a can are like a bomb going off a foot from your face and only tolerable for the shooter, and a ****ing nightmare for those around you. I'll probably still break down and stamp one because they do look cool as **** but struggling to justify doing it vs throwing money at something else fun. Love to hear thoughts and opinions.

Thanks!

Sounds dumb, but I haven't pursued a stamp on anything since the new trust rules went into effect. Is it just some finger print supplies off amazon and done?

$200 isn't much money. Doesn’t go far put somewhere else either. You are welcomed to come shoot any of my SBR's and see if they are for you. Or just finger bang them. You can also put a real stock on it and VFG and not worry about getting into any sort of legal trouble.
Right. In gun talk that $200 is a set of backup irons or a good number of triggers. And the vert grip is added and choice of stock. No way to lose.

Also, a 4" barreled .22LR with a can and a seven inch rail over it is a ton of fun to plink with. My daughter's love it as it is light enough for them to maintain proper stance and sight picture with.
That they are.
20210915_214950.jpg

Sounds dumb, but I haven't pursued a stamp on anything since the new trust rules went into effect. Is it just some finger print supplies off amazon and done?
Ask the atf for the cards and paper docs and they will FedEx em free of charge. Just need an ink pad and to take an appropriate pic.

If you simply cannot wait, I have plenty of extras you can have and an ink pad you can borrow.

Back
Top Bottom