• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why sell a used firearm for more than a new one?

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
ARs sell at "Walmart" Colts 1029.00 Bushmasters 872.00. Tell me why I should pay 1200 for a used Colt and 1000 for a used Bushmaster. It is "used" price it to sell not get your money back or make a profit. Accessories don't add to the value of the base rifle. Price the accessories seperatley. Base gun price + accessory price. Like adding chrome to a Ford pinto. It is still a used Ford pinto.

ARs sell at "Walmart" Colts 1029.00 Bushmasters 872.00. Tell me why I should pay 1200 for a used Colt and 1000 for a used Bushmaster. It is "used" price it to sell not get your money back or make a profit. Accessories don't add to the value of the base rifle. Price the accessories seperatley. Base gun price + accessory price. Like adding chrome to a Ford pinto. It is still a used Ford pinto.

Don't buy it and it will either sell for lower when the buyer sees the.market won't bear his/her price, or he won't realize and we get a back to the safe message in his thread. I once had a gun priced to high and it was just worth too much to me to meet the amazingly low new price a member kindly alerted me to in pm. I assumed it was mine forever but a couple months later I got a pm with I'll take it for the full price, I threw in extras to clear my conscious.

LOL, I sold a Colt on here a month ago for 550.00 I paid 700 for it in 1996. I needed the cash and it was no real loss to me since I got my use out of it. I didn't charge extra for upgrades. It was used 16 years old and sold in about 5 minutes.

I am going to Walmart for the Colt 6920 for 1029.00 I will most likely sell it in 10 years for around 600.00. After I use it thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom