• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why would anyone buy your homebuilt Franken AR?

I've got one I developed a load for using 77gr tmks, but I pulled the glass off after getting the load and put A2s on it. Haven't shot an inch with it since.
Yeah I just got a 500 rd box of the the 77GR TMKs last week Im about to set up for my Mk12. you using Powerpro 2000 or Varget?

Get any match ar15 18"-24" barrel from krieger, lija, etc , a match trigger and some quality ammo Hornady, Federal or black hills 68-77 grain match. And if you are not getting 1/2" groups at 100
It is not the gear. My last wilson combat 18" spr could do with match hornady 68. Used surplus ammo the vel difference would not let you group.
By the way, i have a complete DCM upper for sale on here that is 1/2" capable or better. Not home built though. 1991 Bushmaster era.

Oh I know they exist, and don't even doubt you or REDX REDX or @mtdawg169 has one.

But this is what passes for sub moa on the internet
IMG_1330.PNG

Get any match ar15 18"-24" barrel from krieger, lija, etc , a match trigger and some quality ammo Hornady, Federal or black hills 68-77 grain match. And if you are not getting 1/2" groups at 100
It is not the gear. My last wilson combat 18" spr could do with match hornady 68. Used surplus ammo the vel difference would not let you group.
By the way, i have a complete DCM upper for sale on here that is 1/2" capable or better. Not home built though. 1991 Bushmaster era.

I will agree with you to a point, my buddy shoots on the All Guard team and is consistently in the top 110 of the presidents 100 cup and he still has to do load development. are they sub 3/4 barrels out the box sure but sub .5 is a different story. I'm not saying 1/2" ARs are not possible, they are just not the norm. and i think Freedom's post was that too many people list their guns as 1: sub .5' and 2: no pics of groups to verify.

Back
Top Bottom