• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why would anyone buy your homebuilt Franken AR?

What's the difference in a gun manufacturer building it or me building it? I mean these things are as simple as leggos. If you cannot look at a gun and determine if it was put together right, you don't need an AR. You need to do research. I will buy parts guns all day, but I know what to look for. If you think your not buying a parts gun from 90% of manufactures, your wrong.
I'm sorry, you can't justify your overpriced factory build to me. The parts are often mismatched between manufactures and assembled by people making 15$ an hour for productivity.

What's the difference in a gun manufacturer building it or me building it? I mean these things are as simple as leggos. If you cannot look at a gun and determine if it was put together right, you don't need an AR. You need to do research. I will buy parts guns all day, but I know what to look for. If you think your not buying a parts gun from 90% of manufactures, your wrong.
I'm sorry, you can't justify your overpriced factory build to me. The parts are often mismatched between manufactures and assembled by people making 15$ an hour for productivity.
The only real difference is the guy behind the tools and the parts being used. It doesn't take long around here to see the number of people doing things wrong. As simple as it is, few people bother to do it well. And I'm not saying that you can't build an excellent rifle on your own. Just that the majority you find here are not guns I would trust. Hence, if I were going to ever buy an AR here, it would likely only be a factory gun. That being said, I don't own a single factory built gun currently.

Back to main question. I would buy a home built ar15 if the right components were used.
The problem is that just like a motorcycle
You never get back all the money invested on accessories.
Anyhow the days of heavy ar15 match rifles are over.
I will sacrifice accuracy for light handling now. Im currenty building an 18" Faxon gunner barreled upper. Honestly sitting at a bench punching paper got old, i do miss the CMP maches at Okeechobee FL. Years back though.

I have no problems with home builds but I've never bought one either, I build them at home.lol
Also, I don't trust any of them with my life they are just for fun, my shotguns and pistols are for that. They all have functioned just fine though. I have had to work though some over gassing issues but they weren't bad enough to cause a malfunction. Home builds are fun

I have no problems with home builds fit I've never bought one either, I build them at home.lol
Also, I don't trust any of them with my life they are just for fun, my shotguns and pistols are for that. They all have functions just fine though. I have had to work though some over gassing issues but they weren't bad enough to cause a malfunction. Home builds are fun
I respect your opinion, I've never been in battle but I'd carry either of mine cause I've had less trouble than with mid level factory builds (Zero since I got the buffer right). But to Each His Own Sir. Not that mine are for sale, their not.

I respect your opinion, I've never been in battle but I'd carry either of mine cause I've had less trouble than with mid level factory builds (Zero since I got the buffer right). But to Each His Own Sir. Not that mine are for sale, their not.
Well, you know you may be right, I've never had a reason not to trust one of mine with my life. I've just never thought of them for that roll.

There is another huge factor not being mentioned. Most home builds I've seen here consists of a stripped lower, lower kit and a purchased factory upper.

And...Torquing the barrel to factory spec is BS. You can torque it all you want, but it won't work until the holes line up, and that rarely occurs at any exact torque. If that point is anything other than hand tighten the nut and then torque to the very next hole...I'm more worried about centering that next hole than I am making my torque wrench pop. This is why they give a torque range. So where ever you guys are getting some exact magic number...???...

Back
Top Bottom