• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why wouldn't you want to do a bill of sale?

What part of this do ppl. not understand?

Everything.

You do not need to write "as is no warranty" because no warranty is implied, and I assume you are not trying to pass off broken guns.

If you are that damned worried about it use a gun store for transfers. The FFL will appreciate the business and you can sleep at night.

Honor? While most deals are great, I've swapped in to some questionable stuff that I've just let ride with positive or no feedback. I've also had quite a few instances where the other guy didn't leave any feedback. (Buyers will vouch I always guarantee satisfaction...well usually, sometimes I may have forgotten.)

I won't pay new retail or greater for any used gun, because I always take them to he KPD to be checked as soon as I buy something. Eventually, I expect to get toasted. When a gun goes through multiple owners, you just can't verify it isn't hot, no matter what the sellers rep on a forum.

Luke,
Serious question and I truly mean no disrespect here. Are you a happier, more upbeat person in your day life? Your posts here tend to lean toward the negative. Seriously, not an insult, just trying to see if I read your tone incorrectly.

Hassel, I like to think that I am a likable fellow. Maybe it is the avatar, but with all kidding aside I am just cautious and I see nothing wrong with that. I think that the anti BOS folks reaaly don't want to hear that there is any logic in creating them because they are afraid that people will see the need in doing them. Something else that I have thought about during this thread is liability, what if you buy a gun from an FFL and sell it to someone else who sells it to come one else that used it to harm someone. You didn't do your due diligence and keep a record, but you are going to be the first one that the police come to after the FFL. Even if you are exonerated of criminal activity what about the possibility of civil liability?

Hassel, I like to think that I am a likable fellow. Maybe it is the avatar, but with all kidding aside I am just cautious and I see nothing wrong with that. I think that the anti BOS folks reaaly don't want to hear that there is any logic in creating them because they are afraid that people will see the need in doing them. Something else that I have thought about during this thread is liability, what if you buy a gun from an FFL and sell it to someone else who sells it to come one else that used it to harm someone. You didn't do your due diligence and keep a record, but you are going to be the first one that the police come to after the FFL. Even if you are exonerated of criminal activity what about the possibility of civil liability?

:frusty:

I'm sure that is true. It's very easy to read into things when reading what people type. I'm sure that a lot of people on this forum read things in an entirely different tone than I feel when I type things.

As for the BOS... The big problem here is that many people here are to invested in their opinion and have hung it out there too many times to ever change their mind one way or the other. Personally, the only issue I ever had was when I showed up to buy a gun in Newnan and the gentleman had a BOS typed up with blanks for a lot of my personal info. I had driven 2 hours to get there and he would not complete the deal without it.

Do you have any case law to back up that paranoia?

There are thousands of cases of identity theft. Can you site a case of someone being sued for selling a gun without a BoS?

Kinda on topic, my dad was taken to small claims court over a $25 shovel. We had a receipt (BoS essentially) and proved that yes, we did buy it, not steal it. Judge looked at it, laughed and said we could go.

Back
Top Bottom