• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why wouldn't you want to do a bill of sale?

Everything.

You do not need to write "as is no warranty" because no warranty is implied, and I assume you are not trying to pass off broken guns.

If you are that damned worried about it use a gun store for transfers. The FFL will appreciate the business and you can sleep at night.

You obviously aint read the numerous threads pertaining to ppl. buyin a gun from someone on here and come to find out it don't work right.

Do you have any case law to back up that paranoia?

There are thousands of cases of identity theft. Can you site a case of someone being sued for selling a gun without a BoS?

Probably just as quick as you can "site a case" where someone had their identity stolen because of a BOS.

Probably just as quick as you can "site a case" where someone had their identity stolen because of a BOS.

GA was #2 in identity crimes in 2011, but that does not matter. Since you are advocating adding a non-required step to a simple transaction, the burden lies with you to show how a BoS acts as a "cloak of innocence".

Kinda on topic, my dad was taken to small claims court over a $25 shovel. We had a receipt (BoS essentially) and proved that yes, we did buy it, not steal it. Judge looked at it, laughed and said we could go.

I'm pretty sure a judge would dig a little deeper if it was a firearm over a shovel.

I still find it amusing that some of you are so against the government knowing what guns you own but totally ok with letting a stranger know.

I'm pretty sure a judge would dig a little deeper if it was a firearm over a shovel.

I still find it amusing that some of you are so against the government knowing what guns you own but totally ok with letting a stranger know.

Judging by the CWL threads, I think a lot of people on here looooooooove the government.

Back
Top Bottom