• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why you break your rod and........

Last year on my boat at Lake Lanier...

IMG_20160715_162208182.jpg

You Sir are a bounded and a cad! :becky:
Ive been called worse.....HA! :cool:

True story:

We have these big ugly fish in south Ga called 'Bowfin' .....we called them mudfish because they hung around in the shallows and fed on the minnows and anything else they could, fish wise. They ate all the crappie, small game bass, etc., they just are not good for a pond at all. On top of this they had teeth....small, very sharp row of teeth. So when you hooked them you couldnt pick them up by the mouth like a bass or whatever or they would chew your thumb up. They grew to a fairly good size too....5lb+ avg, 25"+ length...real straight looking ugly thangs!!
We used to walk real slow around the edge of the pond with a 44mag in our hand looking for them. The back fin (run from head all the way down the back to the tail) would stick up out of the water and when they felt the vibes of you creeping around the edge of the lake they would take off running.
The trick was to put as many rounds in one as you could (usually only took one from a mag) before they got out of the shallows!
Thats fishing with a handgun....south Ga style! I miss it! :fish2:

Ive been called worse.....HA! :cool:

True story:

We have these big ugly fish in south Ga called 'Bowfin' .....we called them mudfish because they hung around in the shallows and fed on the minnows and anything else they could, fish wise. They ate all the crappie, small game bass, etc., they just are not good for a pond at all. On top of this they had teeth....small, very sharp row of teeth. So when you hooked them you couldnt pick them up by the mouth like a bass or whatever or they would chew your thumb up. They grew to a fairly good size too....5lb+ avg, 25"+ length...real straight looking ugly thangs!!
We used to walk real slow around the edge of the pond with a 44mag in our hand looking for them. The back fin (run from head all the way down the back to the tail) would stick up out of the water and when they felt the vibes of you creeping around the edge of the lake they would take off running.
The trick was to put as many rounds in one as you could (usually only took one from a mag) before they got out of the shallows!
Thats fishing with a handgun....south Ga style! I miss it! :fish2:
:lol::thumb:

That's nearly as bad as the Northern Territory in the good old/ bad old days. Some of our less sporting fishermen used 'Kennon lures'. Stan Kennon ran the store that sold dynamite.

:lol::thumb:

That's nearly as bad as the Northern Territory in the good old/ bad old days. Some of our less sporting fishermen used 'Kennon lures'. Stan Kennon ran the store that sold dynamite.
But dang! Thats gonna blow everything outta the water.....at least we are selective and trying to thin out the problem fish.
But then again if it's just about food, a little TNT does the trick quickly! Not particular my forte though.
With the dynamite i would be afraid all them guns lost in boat accidents may come to surface! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom