• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why???????

Please help me understand something.

When I go to a place like academy or bass pro (where the powder is available for people to pick up and handle vs behind a counter) does every single bottle already have the seal broken?

What do people hope to accomplish by breaking the seal on all these bottles??

I don’t think I’m being overly anal, but I absolutely never buy powder without an intact seal.
I was in academy in Macon earlier today. I have never seen titegroup or bullseye in a store. I always have to pay shipping and hazmat. I was super excited to find one bottle of titegroup. I started to the register and thought of this post. Sure enough the seal was broken. I hated to leave it there but didn’t want to take the chance

I was in academy in Macon earlier today. I have never seen titegroup or bullseye in a store. I always have to pay shipping and hazmat. I was super excited to find one bottle of titegroup. I started to the register and thought of this post. Sure enough the seal was broken. I hated to leave it there but didn’t want to take the chance
I don't think they put all the powder on the shelf. You can ask them to check in the back and see if they have any more bottles.

I have noticed at the Warner Robins store, they keep the powder behind glass. May be for this very reason.

Rosewood

Back in the day, I'd always take the cap and moisture seal off cans of gunpowder to inspect it, before buying another can that had the seal intact (for better long-term storage).

Back in the 1980s and early 1990s, before smartphones with flashlight apps, I usually had to whip out my Zippo to generate enough light to see down in the can, and check the powder was up to the correct level, not clumpy, not contaminated with dirt or mold or sperm...

It was kinda dangerous, but except for that one time at Ed's Gun & Tackle in Roswell, I didn't have any accidents.

Back
Top Bottom