• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Widespread availability of Grenades????

Apparently, according to this video, throwing hand grenades is just not as simple as it seems.

Good collection of epic fails here!

Notice that the Western powers seem to do their training with special flash-bang grenades loaded with a small black powder charge, whereas the Chinese practice with full powered fragmentation grenades.

I hope that one Chinese Sergeant got a commodation for pulling the slippery fingered moron into the trench with him at the last second.

We threw live grenades on the qualification course at Bragg.

I had a young private drop one at our feet!

I could see he was nervous and asked him if he had thrown one before, he hadn't, so I carefully put the spoon in the web of his hand and put his fingers tight around it, so he wouldn't milk it.

I said remove the safety clip, he removed the clip.
I said remove the pin, he removed the pin.
I said prepare to throw, he assumed the quarterback type position.
I said throw grenade, his hand and arm went forward as he dropped the grenade.
He said OOPS!

I yelled "GRENADE"!!! Everyone grabbed their guy and ducked in the neighboring holes.

I ever so calmly kicked it towards the grenade sump.
IT DIDN'T GO IN!!!
It spun around the outside of the sump and came out like a basketball on the hoop.
Boy I didn't expect that! I got it in the sump the 2nd kick but I was certainly freaking at that point, lol.

I kept yelling at him OOPS!, OOPS! all you could think of saying was OOPS!
Grenades were a blast, most of the time....

I had a young private drop one at our feet!

I could see he was nervous and asked him if he had thrown one before, he hadn't, so I carefully put the spoon in the web of his hand and put his fingers tight around it, so he wouldn't milk it.

I said remove the safety clip, he removed the clip.
I said remove the pin, he removed the pin.
I said prepare to throw, he assumed the quarterback type position.
I said throw grenade, his hand and arm went forward as he dropped the grenade.
He said OOPS!

I yelled "GRENADE"!!! Everyone grabbed their guy and ducked in the neighboring holes.

I ever so calmly kicked it towards the grenade sump.
IT DIDN'T GO IN!!!
It spun around the outside of the sump and came out like a basketball on the hoop.
Boy I didn't expect that! I got it in the sump the 2nd kick but I was certainly freaking at that point, lol.

I kept yelling at him OOPS!, OOPS! all you could think of saying was OOPS!
Grenades were a blast, most of the time....

I bet you crapped a gold brick! :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom