• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife’s Chihuahua was bitten by rattlesnake today.

steelhorse

Law Enforcement Supporter
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
B4A2F25F-BD4E-441B-AA5F-8C26209AB62A.jpeg
99112C68-67B4-4407-9F5C-1360ECF2C8CD.jpeg
65830435-8ED8-4FD4-A149-19DF193C689D.jpeg
My wife and I have a couple of toy Chihuahuas, one around 7pounds and the other smaller at 5 pounds. Neither of these dogs know that they are toy breeds and spend most of there day chasing squirrels and rabbits on are farm. They only come inside during the day to cool off in the a/c, by means of the dog door and then back outside to run with My male German Shepherd. Around 1600hr this afternoon, I had just finished up some yard work and was headed back up to the house for a drink. The little one was running ahead of me and run right under a large live oak tree, only to be struck on the left side of her torso, by a four foot long Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake. She ran the rest of the way towards are house yelping as loud as she could. I quickly dispatched the snake with my shotgun and 8 minutes later had her at the Vets office in Blakely. She was given the anti venom and started on a IV, along with pain meds. We then drove her 50 minutes to Dothan Al, where she is spending tonight being monitored around the clock, by a 24 hour staff of Doctors. If I don’t get a call during the night tonight, then I guess She is out of the woods. Her name is Gracie by the way and She has no idea she’s a little dog. Be careful guys, the snakes are definitely moving in Southwest Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom