• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife’s Chihuahua was bitten by rattlesnake today.

I have seen several dogs, big and small, get bitten by Eastern Diamondbacks in Okeechobee Co Fla. I have never heard of any killed by snake bite, and I don't think any were taken to a vet. Many of these dogs were bitten in the face and looked mighty pitiful for a few days, but as far as I know, all recovered.

Glad Gracie is going
View attachment 3251459 Sorry for delay Guys, but just got back from Dothan (2hour round trip) with Gracie. She is doing well and was released to come home. She is still in a lot of pain and cry’s out when picked up. She is on a pain med once every 12 hours, the doctors advised their biggest concern was tissue deterioration, at the site of the bit. They told us to keep a close eye on her and bring her back if the wound changes at all. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Now I just have to figure out what I am gonna do with Gracie while we go out of town, this weekend. Normally My Wife and I are headed to Athens this weekend, for my daughter’s graduation from UGA. Ironically she graduates from Georgia Vet Med, Saturday morning, which I wouldn’t miss for the world.

Good news, thanks for the update.

View attachment 3251459 Sorry for delay Guys, but just got back from Dothan (2hour round trip) with Gracie. She is doing well and was released to come home. She is still in a lot of pain and cry’s out when picked up. She is on a pain med once every 12 hours, the doctors advised their biggest concern was tissue deterioration, at the site of the bit. They told us to keep a close eye on her and bring her back if the wound changes at all. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Now I just have to figure out what I am gonna do with Gracie while we go out of town, this weekend. Normally My Wife and I are headed to Athens this weekend, for my daughter’s graduation from UGA. Ironically she graduates from Georgia Vet Med, Saturday morning, which I wouldn’t miss for the world.
S, congratulations on Gracie doing better and on your daughter's graduation! Well done! Happy trails and may God bless America.

Back
Top Bottom