• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife’s Chihuahua was bitten by rattlesnake today.

So relived to hear she's doing OK. I hope she continues to recover. Congrats on the daughter's graduation from Vet school. Proud day for sure.

This copperhead bite my jack russel in the paw yrs ago. I dispatched it ( the snake)with a tomahawk. Treated the dog at home with Children’s Benadryl. 3 to 4 days later. Good as new.

I did some research prior to my decision.
D10A1F18-DBC0-4787-9735-A8D502D012EC.jpeg

Not a hundred percent sure on the ID , thought it was a Eastern Diamondback, gonna do a little more research online tomorrow, either way it’s the same snake I killed this time last year, at the end of my driveway. He was a big guy, 11 rattles and a button. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts guys.

It's a Timber Rattlesnake

Reactions: MRH
View attachment 3251459 Sorry for delay Guys, but just got back from Dothan (2hour round trip) with Gracie. She is doing well and was released to come home. She is still in a lot of pain and cry’s out when picked up. She is on a pain med once every 12 hours, the doctors advised their biggest concern was tissue deterioration, at the site of the bit. They told us to keep a close eye on her and bring her back if the wound changes at all. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Now I just have to figure out what I am gonna do with Gracie while we go out of town, this weekend. Normally My Wife and I are headed to Athens this weekend, for my daughter’s graduation from UGA. Ironically she graduates from Georgia Vet Med, Saturday morning, which I wouldn’t miss for the world.
Happy to hear she made it through the night and is doing ok.

View attachment 3251459 Sorry for delay Guys, but just got back from Dothan (2hour round trip) with Gracie. She is doing well and was released to come home. She is still in a lot of pain and cry’s out when picked up. She is on a pain med once every 12 hours, the doctors advised their biggest concern was tissue deterioration, at the site of the bit. They told us to keep a close eye on her and bring her back if the wound changes at all. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Now I just have to figure out what I am gonna do with Gracie while we go out of town, this weekend. Normally My Wife and I are headed to Athens this weekend, for my daughter’s graduation from UGA. Ironically she graduates from Georgia Vet Med, Saturday morning, which I wouldn’t miss for the world.
Poor lil thing.....I am relieved she's gonna be OK.

If we were still on ing in GA we would happily host Graciew while you were out of town. Maybe a local ODT'r is willing?

Damn, my son graduates from UGA. too on the 14th! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom