• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife's carry gun suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiance shoots the Nitron pink Sig Mosquito and carries it where she can. She likes the safety thinner grip and easy ergonomics and DA/SA action. Plus its pink. She also carried my g-17 when I had one. If she wants to go to somewhere she is not sure of she carries the Tokarev Norinco with steel core ammo spitting out at 1650. IF some one is coming for her she doesn't care about over pen that perp is going down.

Looking for a carry gun for the wife. She does not like my Glock's or similar pistols due to her not being able to pull the slide back well. She likes my Kel-Tec P3AT but wants something with a safety. She has a S&W 38 spl revolver for HD and likes it but does not want it for her carry gun. Can you share what your wife likes to carry and why...thanks!

Liking a carry gun is entirely different from carrying and being proficient with a carry gun.

Try this simple drill at the range, with a manual safety equipped semi-auto:

1) Have your wife start away from the firing line, looking elsewhere, while you prep the gun on the firing line.
2) You prep the gun by inserting a magazine, and at your choice, decide whether to chamber a round and/or set the safety, with no awareness on her part for what condition the gun is in.
3) Her part in the drill is turn, get to the firing line, pick up the gun, and put as many shots as she can into the target within 5 seconds of picking up the gun.

Run it several times with the gun in different conditions. For more fun, put a snap cap into the magazine anywhere in the top three positons, to simulate a fail-to-fire malfunction. She has to clear it and keep going.

Then run the same drill with a revolver. Feel free to put snap caps in there as well.

For anyone who doesn't practice regularly with a manual safety semi-auto, the difference in performance will be a rude wake up call. People who can't practice regularly should carry a revolver, or, if they prefer semi-auto, one without a manual safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom