• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wifi works for netflix but not for phones/laptop?

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
ODT has much better customer service than comcast so I'm asking here first. The Playstation in the TV room upstairs has no problem connecting to wifi and playing HD shows on Netflix. However neither of my phones or my laptop can get internet. They will connect to the modem successfully but say internet not available. I've already tried restarting/resetting everything but no luck. WTF?

Do a hard reset on the modem/router.

Did that twice. Once by pressing the reset button on the back and again by pulling the power cord. No luck with connecting phones/laptop. But Netflix on the PS3 works fine.

How do I have internet on some devices in my house but not others?

Did that twice. Once by pressing the reset button on the back and again by pulling the power cord. No luck with connecting phones/laptop. But Netflix on the PS3 works fine.

How do I have internet on some devices in my house but not others?

Did you restart the devices that won't connect?

Did you restart the devices that won't connect?

Yes. Both phones restarted and updates installed. They will connect to the wifi long enough to load YouTube and play 30sec of a video. Then it slows to a crawl and gives me a message saying internet not available.

So I guess they get a tiny bit of internet. But not enough to do anything useful

Back
Top Bottom