• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wifi works for netflix but not for phones/laptop?

Yes. Both phones restarted and updates installed. They will connect to the wifi long enough to load YouTube and play 30sec of a video. Then it slows to a crawl and gives me a message saying internet not available.

So I guess they get a tiny bit of internet. But not enough to do anything useful

Did you see it it works better standing near the router?

Dad had this problem yesterday. His internet and TV service is with Comcast, and he uses a Netgear Nighthawk C7800 modem/router combo. In his situation, the TV and IP phones worked, but PC (wired) and laptop (wireless) couldn't get past the router to the internet.

Netgear told him to unplug the power, coax cable, and any CAT5 network cables from the modem/router for 3 minutes. This reset the Netgear modem/router, and he was merrily on his way.

Dad had this problem yesterday. His internet and TV service is with Comcast, and he uses a Netgear Nighthawk C7800 modem/router combo. In his situation, the TV and IP phones worked, but PC (wired) and laptop (wireless) couldn't get past the router to the internet.

Netgear told him to unplug the power, coax cable, and any CAT5 network cables from the modem/router for 3 minutes. This reset the Netgear modem/router, and he was merrily on his way.

I only tried disconnecting the power cable. Did not disconnect everything else

Back
Top Bottom