• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wiggle-room, used car shopping?

BTW, I wanted to pay cash with no trade in -straight old school deal - and that really threw a lot of them.

They count on playing number games with your trade in and the financing to convince you you have a deal.

My bottom line is have a number, don't waiver from it.

BTW, I wanted to pay cash with no trade in -straight old school deal - and that really threw a lot of them.

They count on playing number games with your trade in and the financing to convince you you have a deal.

When I was truck shopping last December and we got down to trade-in, finance, etc. and I told them I'd be writing a check or paying cash, no trade, you'd have thought I asked them if I could pay with chicken manure.

And for pete's sake bring your own financing if you don't have cash. I laughed out loud when the lady at Rick Case brought me some 17.99% financing offer. Then I told that I had a 3.49% from my bank already lined up and watched the smile drain from their face. Got the internet price (below KBB value), no trade in (sold my old civic cheap to a friend in need), and got a great interest rate on my Ridgeline.

My wife's van purchase was a much worse process...*shudder*

Back
Top Bottom