• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild Dogs Attack! - Jackson County hunter fought for his life against three large dogs

I actually ran into a group of feral dogs deer hunting South Georgia. Wayyy back in the piney woods. They ran into me. I was on the ground and they came down the deer trail. I was just standing not hiding. The first came out and saw me and immediately became aggressive. Two of his buddies were either side. Im not sure how many. Id say at least 6. I cut the first one with the deer rife. The others disappeared back into the thicket. I am a huge dog lover. Unfortunately these dogs had been deserted by human kind , and they were still pissed I guess. One of the only times I really felt threatened in the woods.

Sounds a little iffy. Most folks I know won't even go fishing without a sidearm, much less a trek into the woods. Probably out there planting his weed.

Lucky to be alive !

A guy I know had real problems wirh wild dogs. He got a couple Currs to help with the problem. Currs joined the wild dogs and the problem got bigger. Wife got mad about him puttin em down until she got trapped inside her car .

Dang. Based on his wounds I'm guessing a child or small woman would have been done.
I despise irresponsible pet owners. 🤬
A couple were killed by wild dogs in adjoining Oglethorpe County in 2009. They definitely are something to be reckoned with,

Back
Top Bottom