• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild hog processing/taxidermy

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
I have the opportunity for a pretty bad ass night vision hog hunt this weekend. I am trying to plan ahead and figure out if there are any decently priced processors to use for the meat. I would love some breakfast sausage, burger, and jalepeno/cheddar sausages. If not, I will buy a grinder and do it myself I guess. any recommendations there?

Also, what do I do with the heads? Are there some reasonably priced places that will do a euro mount? I don't want to spend $600 to mount a hog.

Thanks

I have the opportunity for a pretty bad ass night vision hog hunt this weekend. I am trying to plan ahead and figure out if there are any decently priced processors to use for the meat. I would love some breakfast sausage, burger, and jalepeno/cheddar sausages. If not, I will buy a grinder and do it myself I guess. any recommendations there?

Also, what do I do with the heads? Are there some reasonably priced places that will do a euro mount? I don't want to spend $600 to mount a hog.

Thanks

Where are you located?

Make sure your weapons are zeroed with the same ammo you are going to hunt with. Missed one last year due to changing out ammo and shot over a pig. Post pics of your hunt.

Feral hog processing facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. For more information on feral hog processing facilities, contact the Georgia Department of Agriculture, Meat Inspection Section. The facilities in the linked list below are capable of processing feral hogs (Custom Exempt & State Inspected facilities). Call ahead to ensure that a particular facility can/will process feral hogs. Many of these facilities also process deer.

http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/de...Ag List of FeralSwineProcessors Dated2013.pdf

Make sure your weapons are zeroed with the same ammo you are going to hunt with. Missed one last year due to changing out ammo and shot over a pig. Post pics of your hunt.

The daytime rifle is zero'd for the specific ammo already. .30-06 semi auto with 3-9x scope and bipod.

The night-ops rifle is a 16" AR-15 with IR laser and 1000 lumens of white light.
Any ammo recommendations for 5.56 on hogs? was thinking gold -dot

If you're gonna haul the carcass back up here, better freeze up several milk jugs(fill 3/4 full) of water, for ice. Stuff inside the gutted cavity, and wrap with a tarp.

If you're gonna haul the carcass back up here, better freeze up several milk jugs(fill 3/4 full) of water, for ice. Stuff inside the gutted cavity, and wrap with a tarp.
I'm planning on hauling any meat back as quartered pieces in big cooler full of ice. Not sure if ill take to processor or get meat grinder and do it myself.

but good call on the milk jugs

Back
Top Bottom