• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild hog processing/taxidermy

bout 25 years ago, I ordered al the materials to mount a boar hog that I killed.
It cost me about $65.00, and the mount is still hanging in a store. It's a little rough around the edges, but it looked good for several years.

I also laid the skull out and let the maggots clean it up then bleached it white.

I would do it yourself. Plenty of youtube videos and you can buy a grinder pretty cheap. I process my own deer and took me 2 hrs to cut it all up, package it and freeze it. I bought a grinder from cabelas under $100
Good luck and post some pics when you get home!!

Done use and ar 15. It wouldn’t drop them unless you make a perfect shot. They are tougher than deer for sure. I use hunting .308 bullets Remington shockwave. They make a mess of even a touch bore and even then they still run off a little ways. Unless you enjoy walking through the woods for hours at night looking for the hog that ran off and hid.

Done use and ar 15. It wouldn’t drop them unless you make a perfect shot. They are tougher than deer for sure. I use hunting .308 bullets Remington shockwave. They make a mess of even a touch bore and even then they still run off a little ways. Unless you enjoy walking through the woods for hours at night looking for the hog that ran off and hid.

Every one that I've shot with bulk (China Sport) 7.62x39 soft point bullets dropped in their tracks. Of course I always make perfect shots, even when they are running through the woods.

I'm planning on hauling any meat back as quartered pieces in big cooler full of ice. Not sure if ill take to processor or get meat grinder and do it myself.

but good call on the milk jugs
When I took mine in several years ago, they required a brand new ice chest too. Still had to have the tag on it according to the processor... may want to check on that too.

Back
Top Bottom