• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild hogs seem to have disappeared around Dawson, Ga

SGTMAJMVJ

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
105   0
Reaction score
Got a buddy who owns a farm in Dawson. For years we hog hunt every winter Jan/Feb and there have always been plenty of hogs. Every year 30 to 40 hogs are killed and there are multiple sounders on his farm/fields/swamps. My buddy has 12 trail cams and 6 feeders running all year. Well for the first time ever and since June this year his trail cameras haven't seen a single hog. Plenty of deer but no hogs. He has planted peanuts on his farm and he has had the best crop in years with less than an acre of hog damage. He talks to other local farmers and they also have noticed that the hogs have disappeared. Dawson in N.W. of Albany 1/2 way to Americus. Anybody who lives in south Georgia noticed a decrease or disappearance of hogs?

Got a buddy who owns a farm in Dawson. For years we hog hunt every winter Jan/Feb and there have always been plenty of hogs. Every year 30 to 40 hogs are killed and there are multiple sounders on his farm/fields/swamps. My buddy has 12 trail cams and 6 feeders running all year. Well for the first time ever and since June this year his trail cameras haven't seen a single hog. Plenty of deer but no hogs. He has planted peanuts on his farm and he has had the best crop in years with less than an acre of hog damage. He talks to other local farmers and they also have noticed that the hogs have disappeared. Dawson in N.W. of Albany 1/2 way to Americus. Anybody who lives in south Georgia noticed a decrease or disappearance of hogs?
thank u jesus

Hogs are plentiful around Dawson all year. My buddy has had them on his property for years. He is from there and knows what he is talking about. They have never not seen hogs on the cams. He said even JagerPro has seen this issue.

Hogs are plentiful around Dawson all year. My buddy has had them on his property for years. He is from there and knows what he is talking about. They have never not seen hogs on the cams. He said even JagerPro has seen this issue.

Makes you wonder if some targeted poisoning took place. I've never heard of hogs being migratory.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about possible poisoning. I wonder if the Govm't would quietly poison so as to not alert the tree huggers that a mass killing was going on. You know they would not want the bad press and I'm sure local folks for good reason would look the other way. Hog hunting is fun but hogs sure have had a negative impact on my buddies peanuts, turkey and deer population.

Back
Top Bottom