• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wild hogs seem to have disappeared around Dawson, Ga

I hunt a 170 acre private club in Washington County. The hogs have been light over the last few years. This year they have picked up.....

I like eating and hunting hogs, but having them gone is a very good thing. I treat them like rats. KILL ON SIGHT. Be glad they are gone and keep up the eradication!

They seem to have come back recently. Caught one, had one escape, and should get into a mess of them in the next few weeks.

Thermal vision scopes dropping in price should make a big dent in the population. If I could afford one of the good scopes I know several people that would let me shoot them on their property.

What section of the Wild Cat?
I believe its called Forest rd. On the Rt. hand side of Steve Tate. Drive to the gate and walk the trail down to the creek bed. They're are tearing that place up. That is the closest in walking distance. It you walk further down to the river, you will be able probably shot more than you want. Its been since Turkey season that I have been back in there but I'm sure they haven't moved.

Back
Top Bottom