• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I was more sceptical of this scenario, but you are 100% on this...

If Trump pushes to ban suppressors (whatever that means for an NFA device) the House would be more than willing enough to send a nice piece of Bloomberg-written legislation to the Senate in about 30 seconds.

If Trump pushed the Senate you would have some GOP-ers who would support it out of 'loyalty', and other who are just RINOs and would vote for it because of media coverage. I'm sure they would grandfather existing owners as a 'compromise', or maybe allow new sales but with an inflation-adjusted 'tax', which is almost $,000 in today's money.

And of course Trump would sign it if he was the one pushing it in the first place.

I'm still hoping this will blow over.

I didn't see any new suppressor-articles pop up on my news feed today that weren't from pro gun sources. That could be good or bad. A lot of times it seems like the backroom wheeling and dealing is preceded by a news blackout. Just look at the bumpstock ban... that got almost no press outside the gun community once it was announced, even with all the court cases and such.

On the flip side the word might have filtered out that it was a homemade can, which would pretty much sink any new legislation. That would be the best-case scenario.

A lot of “if’s”in your post.... I would file this under pure speculation...

The problem with our side is that we always play defense.

This is yet another in a very long line of leftist mass shooters, and killers in general. That is the story here, but we, ie. our so-called leaders, are too skeered of the actual truth.

Even though they are infringement, there is one good thing about carry licenses. Show me the "long" list of firearms license carriers that commit these types of crimes... :confused2:

I think it's also changing of the times.

I honestly think in 30-40 years, we won't be able to buy new rifles and new magazines, probably even ammo like we do too.

They will have to be grandfathered in, regulated, but these days will be considered the "Good ol days" of firearm purchasing

I don't like it, but I think that's where we're headed
"Grandfathered"? Why? That boat sailed away with the Bumpstock Ban! No need for that anymore!
Or it goes to a third party candidate on principle. Cucking out on a democrat is out of the question. But Cucking out on a republican that has democrat views on the second amendment is just as bad as Cucking out to name brand Dems. Your logic is don't vote for Dems, vote for the guy who isn't labeled as one but agrees with them. It's logically inconsistent
Sounds like you're talking about George H. W.! Same reason we got Clinton!

A lot of “if’s”in your post.... I would file this under pure speculation...

Admitted on both counts. That's all we have right now. There's no facts about how the suppressor was actually used, or if it was legal or homemade or anything else.

In fact the only thing we do have as fact is Trump's comments to look into a suppressor ban, made on live TV in front of a major audience. The first comment about him not liking them didn't worry me. But that second one means he'll have to actually make a decision, and that worries me a lot.

Admitted on both counts. That's all we have right now. There's no facts about how the suppressor was actually used, or if it was legal or homemade or anything else.

In fact the only thing we do have as fact is Trump's comments to look into a suppressor ban, made on live TV in front of a major audience. The first comment about him not liking them didn't worry me. But that second one means he'll have to actually make a decision, and that worries me a lot.

I here ya, he was looking into repealing Obama Care, and something about a Wall too..

And we'll probably never get those facts unless it is leaked. Although I have no clue why they can't say if it's illegal because if it's illegal, then it doesn't fall under any federal registration and tax laws.

"We are not able to disclose to the public, or even to the local police department, whether the silencer has been registered or has not been registered or was lawfully possessed or was not lawfully possessed," Boyer told the Free Beacon. "There's no exception written into the statute that would allow disclosure even if the individual is deceased."

Boyer explained this was due to the fact that the National Firearms Act, which heavily regulates silencers, machineguns, and some other firearms, falls under federal tax law and the registration records contained within it are protected from public disclosure the same way other tax documents, like tax returns, are protected. Boyer said he did not know if the silencer recovered in Virginia Beach was homemade.

Wow, that's interesting... I was wondering if the MSM reporters simply didn't know that illegal suppressors were a thing or what to ask.

So the Dems want Trump's old tax returns, but can't even show a picture of the suppressor used in a mass killing? Sounds like BS to me.

"Grandfathered"? Why? That boat sailed away with the Bumpstock Ban! No need for that anymore!

Sounds like you're talking about George H. W.! Same reason we got Clinton!

George h w wasn't third party.... Did you read my post or just scan it over and reply? I'm saying if folks voted on principle maybe we wouldn't have the ''lesser" of two evils bull we deal with now. Also George HW is an anti just like Clinton, convince me otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom