• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will using paypal for gun purchases get this site in trouble?

Paypal, cashapp, venmo, etc.. are one of the quickest ways to get scammed. Always be wary if that's the only form of payment accepted. If you know them or they're long established as a seller with good feedback, probably not an issue. Random post from a new account for something with a price too good to be true; time to step away.
I had done deals with a long time Friend and ODTer here, using Venmo… no problems. BUT won’t ever do with a stranger newbie. Very, VERY risky !!!!

Attachments

• 20220103_215955.jpg
    20220103_215955.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 10
And don’t forget the new IRS 2022 thing....any electronic payments over $600 will result in a 1099 form issued to you by PayPal, cash app, etc.
Not sure exactly how this pans out but will have to pay taxes on them???

Zelle, Venmo, Cashapp, nearly all of them have the same anti-gun policy but they all look the other way and let it happen. You know with dems, they pretend to be against it but don't want their beliefs to get in the way of making money.
My buddy does some business on Gunbroker and Both his Paypal and Venmo got locked this week. They are telling him it could be 120 days before he sees his money out of either of them. I dumped every dollar I had in either of them and don't have any plans to use them anytime in the near future. It's CashApp, Zelle, Certified CHeck, Money Order, or CA$h for me...

Using F&F for purchases is nothing more than fraud.
I think if you look around hard enough, you can find unlimited incidences in daily lives that could be considered fraudulent practices. Your daily life included...
Using friends and family only gives up buyer protection and that's what costs them money so they let those transactions without buyer protection go through without a fee. There's no buyer protection on a M.O. or certified check either...
Doesn't matter either way to me...I'm done with Paypal/Venmo anyway.

Back
Top Bottom