• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will you be proactive or reactive?

bigearl68

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score

Will Georgia deer hunters start filling there generous allotment of doe tags to reduce the Ga herd number, or wait for CWD to run amuck just so they can see 12 deer at their beloved corn dispenser every time they go hunt?

We've had traces in ga according to the biologists but I haven't personally seen them. The legal corn piles are going to make it happen way faster and worse than expected but some people don't care and only want to kill stuff
What really sucks is the biologists in WRD understood the risks about legalized baiting. All the legislatures understood was money from donors. The resource be damned.
But yeah, eliminating the crack piles would be much more effective than trying to overstuff your freezer.

I'll continue to manage our herd by taking a healthy amount of does and bucks. This problem has been thanks in part of the corn killas.. those corn piles have really done a number on our wildlife. Not just deer.

I'll continue to manage our herd by taking a healthy amount of does and bucks. This problem has been thanks in part of the corn killas.. those corn piles have really done a number on our wildlife. Not just deer.
You would be one of the few who actively thin does out. I don’t know what happened with deer hunting that morphed it into this thing we have today. High population densities contribute directly to the the spread of CWD.
We do all sorts of conservation work to increase numbers of countless game species so we can sustain healthy populations and harvest more. We see this with waterfowl, pheasants, quail. Hell everyone is currently up in arms about not having enough turkeys. Why? Because we want to hunt and harvest a lot of turkeys. We have more white tails in North America than ever in the history of white tails and some people think letting does is the right thing to do? When did most become deer watchers instead of deer harvesters?
Dang it boys and gals fill those freezers up for everyone’s sake including the deer. We have to many of the rascals!!

What really sucks is the biologists in WRD understood the risks about legalized baiting. All the legislatures understood was money from donors. The resource be damned.
But yeah, eliminating the crack piles would be much more effective than trying to overstuff your freezer.
It's really sad that greed IS Going to be what kills us!

You would be one of the few who actively thin does out. I don’t know what happened with deer hunting that morphed it into this thing we have today. High population densities contribute directly to the the spread of CWD.
We do all sorts of conservation work to increase numbers of countless game species so we can sustain healthy populations and harvest more. We see this with waterfowl, pheasants, quail. Hell everyone is currently up in arms about not having enough turkeys. Why? Because we want to hunt and harvest a lot of turkeys. We have more white tails in North America than ever in the history of white tails and some people think letting does is the right thing to do? When did most become deer watchers instead of deer harvesters?
Dang it boys and gals fill those freezers up for everyone’s sake including the deer. We have to many of the rascals!!
I haven't taken but a single doe in the last 2 years, but my nephews have laid the smack down on em for me. Less does leads to a more active, consistent and noticeable rut.

The largest reason I'm again baiting is the harm it has done to the wild turkey population. Combine baiting with poor land management practices and low number of trappers, all three things have done nothing but harm them as well as harming every other species out there. I've shot 1 deer over bait and swore never again, it felt like I not only cheated myself from a good hunt that required me to do my end of the work but I also felt like I cheated the deer. Since then I've passed on the baiting and hunt scrape lines, plots, and acorns, muscadines, or persimmon trees.

Back
Top Bottom