• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wilson Shoals WMA small game hunting

Trashman36

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
44   0
Reaction score
Anyone here ever been small game hunting at Wilson Shoals ?

Looking for a place to Squirrel/Rabbit hunt maybe this weekend or next . Never done any kind of hunting on WMA land so have no idea where to start ??

Is their certain places to park ? Check in ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also would be open to the Redlands or Lake Russel WMA .

Ive been wanting to make a trip out there but havent yet. I mainly hunt at Redlands myself. Youll need to "check in" on the app for the WMA before going to hunt. Then, drive in until you find a spot you can park. Only rules to parking are do not block the road and do not block/ drive around any shut gate.

Besides that, start walking until you find a spot and hunt away. I do a bunch of scouting via OnX to get pre planned areas to try and hunt.

Ive been wanting to make a trip out there but havent yet. I mainly hunt at Redlands myself. Youll need to "check in" on the app for the WMA before going to hunt. Then, drive in until you find a spot you can park. Only rules to parking are do not block the road and do not block/ drive around any shut gate.

Besides that, start walking until you find a spot and hunt away. I do a bunch of scouting via OnX to get pre planned areas to try and hunt.

Thanks for the advice , if everything works out I'm gonna try and give it a go this weekend .

Redlands, Rec Area at Hwy 15 - walk up the river to Skull Shoals. Lots of old growth hardwoods in the river bottom. At Skull Shoals, the road back to Macedonia Church Rd. is along a ridge with a lot of hardwoods.

Back
Top Bottom