• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wilson/Vickers elite snag free Glock sights

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? Man they appear to be exactly what I am looking for. I love the pitched rear sight, and the front sight dot is available in gold. I believe the option for a gold front sight dot is a good idea. At least for me I think it would be nice. Lots of dangerous game hunters throughout history have utilized gold front sights because they gather light so easily, making them easy and fast to pick up. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried these and your thoughts.

I like the design of the rear sight. For the front sight on a carry gun, I prefer tritium, but a gold bead is a good choice. Whatever the front, I prefer a plain black rear sight.

I don't understand plain black rear sights (yet)... how do they help with your sight picture?

A plain black rear helps me concentrate on the front sight (when using sighted fire) or the target (when "point" shooting). The rear sight is the closest part to the eye, and I don't wanna be distracted by it. No matter what type of shooting you're doing, the rear sight is NEVER the focal point.

During lowlight, all I need is a tritium front sight for point shooting. At close range during lowlight, I'm moving and shooting fast. Just a single glowing dot is perfect.

If the threat is far enough away that I need to add the rear sight into the equation, and I'm still able to ID the threat as a threat, then there is enough light to see my sights and I don't need tritium.

A plain black rear helps me concentrate on the front sight (when using sighted fire) or the target (when "point" shooting). The rear sight is the closest part to the eye, and I don't wanna be distracted by it. No matter what type of shooting you're doing, the rear sight is NEVER the focal point.

During lowlight, all I need is a tritium front sight for point shooting. At close range during lowlight, I'm moving and shooting fast. Just a single glowing dot is perfect.

If the threat is far enough away that I need to add the rear sight into the equation, and I'm still able to ID the threat as a threat, then there is enough light to see my sights and I don't need tritium.
Yes I get what you said about only focusing on the front sight, and not being distracted by the rear one. I was thinking that without some sort of reference point on the rear, it seems like it would be harder to align the two correctly. In your case, do you just have a big yellow dot floating around out there, especially in low light? Whether it's your darkened living room at night or a darkened airplane cabin, this isn't relevant for point shooting of course. It just seems like without some type of rear reference point aligning your sights would be more difficult, but I've never tried it obviously. Maybe I should just shut up and get me some & try them. :-)

Yeah what he said.

I use my tritium rear sight to find my gun on the dresser in the dark - rear is visible from my bed, front isn't (angled away, gun blocking front sight). Not that I planned it this way - but I've found it quite useful!

Yes I get what you said about only focusing on the front sight, and not being distracted by the rear one. I was thinking that without some sort of reference point on the rear, it seems like it would be harder to align the two correctly. In your case, do you just have a big yellow dot floating around out there, especially in low light? Whether it's your darkened living room at night or a darkened airplane cabin, this isn't relevant for point shooting of course. It just seems like without some type of rear reference point aligning your sights would be more difficult, but I've never tried it obviously. Maybe I should just shut up and get me some & try them. :-)

For shooting in daylight, you line up the outline of the sights, not the dots. For night time, I don’t need rear dots, for the reasons I listed above. If I can ID my threat without a flashlight, and he is so far away that I need a rear sight to be accurate, then there is so much light that I don’t need the tritium dots. If I can see my threat, I can see my sights.

If I am not using a flashlight, and I can ID my threat with the naked eye, then he is so close I don’t need a rear sight.

I’m not saying it’s wrong to have a tritium rear sight, I’m just explaining my school of thought.

For shooting in daylight, you line up the outline of the sights, not the dots. For night time, I don’t need rear dots, for the reasons I listed above. If I can ID my threat without a flashlight, and he is so far away that I need a rear sight to be accurate, then there is so much light that I don’t need the tritium dots. If I can see my threat, I can see my sights.

If I am not using a flashlight, and I can ID my threat with the naked eye, then he is so close I don’t need a rear sight.

I’m not saying it’s wrong to have a tritium rear sight, I’m just explaining my school of thought.
Yep I think I understand now cmshoot cmshoot , maybe I'll try it soon! Sorry to hijack your thread MRH MRH !

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom