• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester 94AE Remodel

Thanks, had it out tonight after fitting the last screw into the front gold band. Fed and shot fine. Forend moved forward, so snugged it up at the forend band. Then snugged up the sling swivel mount and wammy! The sling swivel mount broke. Glad it happened in the shop. So, ordered another. Try to get her fixed up and shooting soon. Prolly a few more pics after the buffalo hide sling arrives.

Yeah ..... like you said, at least it wasn’t out somewhere like on a hunt trip or something. Murphy’s law being what it is, I think you got off easy and good. Sling mount aint too much damage.
Buffalo hide sling? That sounds interesting. Can’t wait to see that. If it isn’t a secret, where you order that from? I got a new Henry in the .41mag i would like something different for.

Finished.....I think. Fixed it up with a new front sling swivel, loctighted and bedded so it should neither move nor break. Final touch, added an Amish made Distressed Buffalo Leather sling to round out the old look. Some shooting and a final coat of wax on the wood and metal is in order.

009.JPG
010.JPG

Back
Top Bottom