• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Autocomp

insulinboy

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
where has this stuff been all my life? I was shooting 6-7" groups at ~20 yards with BE86 and the cheap plated bullets I've been using.. Just ran out and started to test the Winchester autocomp that was suggested to me at the shop when I mentioned I didn't like it and really wished I could find some ramshot silhouette. He suggested this, then opened a book and said they even have very similar burn characteristics.. Boy was he spot on with his recommendation..

Where has this powder been all my life? 3" group at same range with the same projectiles.. I tried a couple different powder loads and did 5 shot groupings but my worst one was 5".. well I take that back.. I had one 8" group but I blame myself for it because I pulled one of the shots, the other 4 shots were about 5" apart

FWIW The Outpost Armory in Christiana TN is where I have been buying powder at.. Very knowledgeable friendly staff thats more than willing to spend time with a new guy and answer stupid questions.. and a wall the size of CG&P's shop full of powder.. I have to drive to Nashville every other month or so, which is why I'm in the area, and generally always stop in to pick up some powder and browse around.. very nice store. and you can see it from the interstate, so its a nice stop to stretch the legs too

AUTOCOMP is extremely fine in the 38 Super, 9mm, 45 ACP and 40 S&W race guns. It’s just the perfect burning speed to feed the compensators with a higher volume of gas. With AUTOCOMP competitors get off faster shots with minimal muzzle flash, it’s a winner.

I'll have to consider this one.

Back
Top Bottom