• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Gun Safe Review

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
My wife bought me a Winchester safe from Sam's a couple of years ago. My lock mechanism has now failed in the closed position and I am waiting to pay a safe guy to drill and replace my lock mechanism. I am having a good old fashioned dial put in and I will never get another electronic key pad.

My humble advice is to stay away from these lower end safes. It is very frustrating to be locked out of my guns and cash.

I do warranty work for Winchester. They're very good about picking up the cost for this. Have you contacted them to see if it's under warranty ?

For $75 winchester will extend the warranty 10 yrs. Not sure if you can do that now or not.

It's not even the money, but I should have taken the extended warranty. The part, if I wanted the same cheap import keypad is only $80. When I spoke to Winchester, they were not exactly shocked I had this problem.

I had an upgraded mechanism installed. I was going to have a dial installed instead of a keypad but the safe holes did not line up.

Sorry to hear about your problem. That's gotta be a bad feeling being so close yet so far away from your stuff.

I have the "Protector" by First Alert, because the first name is safes is First Alert, right? /sarcasm/ that I got from Costco.

My safe has a back-lit key pad with a key backup. If the battery runs out you can use the key to open the lock. I like the key pad so far but I'm sure I'd be singing the same song if it fails.

Back
Top Bottom