• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester large pistol primers ARE harder to seat than CCI!!!!

Cobalt 60

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
I mentioned this in a previous post, but confirmed it today. Seated 200 CCI's with nary a hitch. Then switched to the Winchesters that I still have left. Every one of them was more difficult to seat. Several times I stopped to make sure I did not have one going sideways, but it was just that freakin tight. I pulled several pieces of brass which brands I had noticed had been more difficult than others. Reamed the pockets just to be sure, and they were still crazy difficult.

I am convinced that they are oversized as compared to the CCI. I have yet to try any other brands, but right now think I will stick to CCI's as long as I can find them.

Anybody like Winchester primers and want to trade 4 1/2 trays for 3 trays of CCI? ;)

I mentioned this in a previous post, but confirmed it today. Seated 200 CCI's with nary a hitch. Then switched to the Winchesters that I still have left. Every one of them was more difficult to seat. Several times I stopped to make sure I did not have one going sideways, but it was just that freakin tight. I pulled several pieces of brass which brands I had noticed had been more difficult than others. Reamed the pockets just to be sure, and they were still crazy difficult.

I am convinced that they are oversized as compared to the CCI. I have yet to try any other brands, but right now think I will stick to CCI's as long as I can find them.

Anybody like Winchester primers and want to trade 4 1/2 trays for 3 trays of CCI? ;)

I'll swap with you Ryan. I haven't really had any problems seating them.

I loaded a couple hundred 44 mags this weekend. The Winchester primers in Winchester brass was the tightest. I loaded Win, Remington and PMC brass, all with Win primers. the Win on Win was the hardest to seat. The other brass felt normal when using the Win primers. I have only noticed this with large pistol primers. After several thousand rounds of 9's and 40's, I haven't noticed any diff in them.

Back
Top Bottom