• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester M1 carbine on GB but import marked barrel

I have wanted to add one to my collection for a while now, but have a hard time paying that much for what is basically a 10/22 in 30 carbine. Are they real that much more fun to shoot? I have never shot one, only handled one in a store (seemed like a toy). At that price you are in 1903 and garand territory, which feel like real guns to me.

I personally don't own one, but the guys I know that do, love them.

CMP sold their last M1s some years ago, but they ever get any back in, they will sell out almost instantly. There is definitely a fan base for them.

I have wanted to add one to my collection for a while now, but have a hard time paying that much for what is basically a 10/22 in 30 carbine. Are they real that much more fun to shoot? I have never shot one, only handled one in a store (seemed like a toy). At that price you are in 1903 and garand territory, which feel like real guns to me.

Audie Murphy's Winchester carbine is at the Ft. Steward museum.

I love mine! They are fun to shoot with very light recoil (it is basically a pistol cartage) so good for you shooters.

Inlands will be cheapest and if you just want a shooter look for a Blue Sky import marked one, collectors avoid those so they goa bout $100 les than non-import marked. You may be able to snag one for around $600-$650.

Carbine chart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom