• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Safe Electronic Keypad Failure

I have helped twice as many members with serious dial issues as I have with serious E-lock problems.
The dial I have.on my safe has served me proudly since 1998. And im not questioning your experience because you would definitely be my go to guy with any oroblem I encountered. But Ive not seen a safe built to the quality standards or the weight of the one I have on display at any retail store in many years. Or maybe I just got lucky.

The dial I have.on my safe has served me proudly since 1998. And im not questioning your experience because you would definitely be my go to guy with any oroblem I encountered. But Ive not seen a safe built to the quality standards or the weight of the one I have on display at any retail store in many years. Or maybe I just got lucky.

They have had some major changes and in most cases they use less steel but..... there has been many improvements other then just the cosmetics such as “external relockers” fire ratings and how the safe is welded. (On the better safes)

They have had some major changes and in most cases they use less steel but..... there has been many improvements other then just the cosmetics such as “external relockers” fire ratings and how the safe is welded. (On the better safes)
Yes sir. The door on my safe is a 1" thick steel plate . I shiver to think what that would cost now. I need another safe but I believe im gonna thin the herd. Im just not impressed with the amount of safe that $1000.will buy these days. Especially with a dial mechanism

817-561-9095 ; www.winchestersafes.com ; Write down the serial #, mine is on the top right, of the rear.
I had that happen to a safe that I had before the one I have now. I had to call and they sent me a new circut board. If it's real old you might have to pay for a replacement but it shouldn't be a crazy price. They are pretty cheap as far as build cost. Now how much Winchester marks it up I don't know. Mine was within a year or two so they just sent me one for free.

I had that happen to a safe that I had before the one I have now. I had to call and they sent me a new circut board. If it's real old you might have to pay for a replacement but it shouldn't be a crazy price. They are pretty cheap as far as build cost. Now how much Winchester marks it up I don't know. Mine was within a year or two so they just sent me one for free.
See post #20

See post #20
Ah! Again speaking without reading the whole thread. They usually send a couple of keys to use if that happens. Mine came with two. It would seem you misplaced those. Did the new board supply you with a temporary code to open the safe so you can re-program your code to the new board? The keypads don't withhold the pin after you remove the battery and keypad. You have to reset the code using a temp. master code to get you in so you can use the little red button on the very inside door panel where the hinges are and reprogram your code. Just spit balling here. If you call them they should provide you with a master code to get you in so you can reprogram your pin number.

I have given you some incorrect info. It wasn't the keypad that went out on mine. It was a little circuit board on the inside. The keypad was fine. When the circuit board came in I had to call in and they gave me a temporary code to use until I re-programmed my safe with my own pin. The pin number is saved in the circuit board. That will hold the number after you take the battery out. The keypad could be alright and might just be that little circuit board. It's about 1 inch by 2 inches or smaller and is pretty easy to replace. I would try that next.

Sorry about the mix up. I just remembered that. Didn't matter how many new batteries I used or how many times I tried to change the PIN. I wouldn't do anything. After I replaced that board everything was good to go. Below is a Pic of the circut board it's the green unit. It just plugs into the battery source and the keypad.

Attachments

• 20180616_180449.jpg
    20180616_180449.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom