• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Trench gun

cerekote is the worst idea i've heard. It's an old shotgun, not an AR-15. It's supposed to look its age with patina. I wouldn't reblue it either. Just knock off any rust without leaving any marks, oil it up and enjoy. Why do so many people think their old antique guns are supposed to look like they just came off the "new" rack at the gun store?

cerekote is the worst idea i've heard. It's an old shotgun, not an AR-15. It's supposed to look its age with patina. I wouldn't reblue it either. Just knock off any rust without leaving any marks, oil it up and enjoy. Why do so many people think their old antique guns are supposed to look like they just came off the "new" rack at the gun store?

Because this
IMG_20170126_165742272.jpg
looks a lot better than this
IMG_20161230_143840796.jpg

gapoppy1315 gapoppy1315 like others have said if it hadn't been chopped I would just leave it alone but since it has the collector value has likely been greatly diminished. If you decide to go the Cerakote route give me a shout. I'm in your neck of the woods. The Walther pictured above is Cerakotes new elite series Midnight. It's black with a bluish tint to it and looks great on older firearms.

Because this View attachment 1074292looks a lot better than this
View attachment 1074293

gapoppy1315 gapoppy1315 like others have said if it hadn't been chopped I would just leave it alone but since it has the collector value has likely been greatly diminished. If you decide to go the Cerakote route give me a shout. I'm in your neck of the woods. The Walther pictured above is Cerakotes new elite series Midnight. It's black with a bluish tint to it and looks great on older firearms.
No it doesn't. But, I like old guns to look their age. Mall Ninjas like em new and shiny looking. I'm not a mall ninja. Now if it's old and well kept, that's different. But to me, making one look new devalues it to the point I'm not even remotely interested at any price. I don't even want refinished relics in my house.

No it doesn't. But, I like old guns to look their age. Mall Ninjas like em new and shiny looking. I'm not a mall ninja. Now if it's old and well kept, that's different. But to me, making one look new devalues it to the point I'm not even remotely interested at any price. I don't even want refinished relics in my house.
Everyone has there opinion. I love the look of older all original guns as well. I have several beat up Smiths and mil surplus guns I wouldn't dare touch. But if it's already been screwed with and no longer original I'd prefer it be given a proper restoration.

Back
Top Bottom