• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Trench gun

Because this View attachment 1074292looks a lot better than this
View attachment 1074293

gapoppy1315 gapoppy1315 like others have said if it hadn't been chopped I would just leave it alone but since it has the collector value has likely been greatly diminished. If you decide to go the Cerakote route give me a shout. I'm in your neck of the woods. The Walther pictured above is Cerakotes new elite series Midnight. It's black with a bluish tint to it and looks great on older firearms.
SLICK!!!!!

Everyone has there opinion. I love the look of older all original guns as well. I have several beat up Smiths and mil surplus guns I wouldn't dare touch. But if it's already been screwed with and no longer original I'd prefer it be given a proper restoration.
Like I said last night on another thread...something I learned from the car business many years ago, "There is an ass for every seat."

Any recommendations on the gungrease coating on old guns to maintain ? I've still got a little rust dots over the yrs but nothin bad. Truth is i only recoat 1 or 2 times a year.

My Dad is getting old. Couple of years ago he came down for his last visit. He gave me his dads double barrel 12 and his Model 97. Manufactured in 1934, same year my dad was born.
Heard there was a tactical gun shoot and decided to go. Found out 2 days prior, it's. 3 gun shoot. I have 1 potentially shootable shotgun. Have couple buddies check it out.
The Last time fired, 1980. It shot awesome. Pulled the plug and it is a full 5 rounder.
Looking for short barreled version with Bayonet.

If you're looking for a 1897 trench gun to use in 3 gun matches I have looked into the Norinco replicas. Evidently, they're not bad, and a lot better than risking ruining a very old family heirloom.

Back
Top Bottom